The JRPG Club
Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support (or full KANA) - Printable Version

+- The JRPG Club (http://jrpgclub.com/community)
+-- Forum: Media Boards (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Shining Tales of Final Phantasy Chronicles ・ ゲームとシリーズディスカッション (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support (or full KANA) (/thread-39.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support (or full KANA) - cappazushi - 04-04-2012 09:31 AM

FURIGANA Support
The readings of all (or most) Chinese characters are displayed by default or can be shown on command.

Nintendo DS:
Nintendo 3DS:
Nintendo GameCube:
Nintendo Wii:
PlayStation (PSOne):
PlayStation 2:
PlayStation 3:
PlayStation Portable:
PlayStation Vita:
Xbox 360:
Full KANA
Everything, with the possible exception of a few basic Chinese characters, is written in hiragana or katakana.

Game Boy Advance:
Super Nintendo:
Nintendo DS:
I will update these lists regularly, so please let me know about any games that need to be added!

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - 六百六十六 - 04-04-2012 12:05 PM

I've heard most Zelda games have furigana, but I can't personally confirm which ones.

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - cappazushi - 04-06-2012 11:05 AM

I'll look into it. Thanks! Grinning

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - Jack Smog - 04-09-2012 10:04 PM

I own ゼルダの伝説 夢幻の砂時計 (Phantom Hourglass), and I can confirm that at the very least this Zelda does have furigana.
All you have to do is tap a kanji with your stylus and the kana will pop up.

EDIT: This may help: http://www.giantbomb.com/furigana/92-7369/games/ Looks like I need to pick up a few games.

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - cappazushi - 04-11-2012 02:23 PM

Thanks, I updated the list (with just Zelda, for now). When I have time, I'll confirm the games on their list by looking gameplay videos on YouTube and then add them too.

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - cyborg demon - 04-19-2012 10:17 AM

Did you see this article on Kotaku? For better or worse, it's a game for the list...

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - cappazushi - 04-19-2012 04:44 PM

Note to self: Never let future daughters play. Ever.

...But I will add it to the list. I've also done more research on the Giant Bomb list. There are actually a few they missed. Grinning

And here's a video about Zelda's unique version of furigana on the DS:

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - 六百六十六 - 04-25-2012 11:21 AM

Don't the Layton games belong in the other thread?

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - cappazushi - 05-01-2012 02:44 PM

Yes, they did. Sorry about that. I've cleaned up both lists, although I still have a few games to add to this one. I've just been very busy since my daughter was born!

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: Shoot, Punch, Stab Edition - 六百六十六 - 05-11-2012 11:33 AM

I can't confirm any myself, but there must be a lot of kids games and Mario games on the Wii that have furigana. Like Mario Party and stuff.

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - 六百六十六 - 05-18-2012 12:51 AM

It's cool man. And congratulations!

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - cappazushi - 05-18-2012 12:52 AM

Thanks!

So, anyway, the list is fully updated! Once again, I'm sorry to keep you waiting. Please let me know if you discover any new games!

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - rucury - 07-19-2012 10:33 AM

I would like to suggest both ゼルダの伝説 スカイウォードソード (Wii) and デジモンワールド リ:デジタイズ (PSP) be added! For Skyward Sword, it continues the Zelda trend of having furigana, and I also found this image to serve as evidence. As for Digimon, it releases today and there a bunch of screens here that show off the furigana. However, I don't think it has furigana over menu kanji, as seen here. Explanations for the menus and character dialogue seem to fully include furigana, however.

There is also Time Travelers from Level-5 (3DS, PS Vita and PSP), seen with full furigana support here, but I believe the game is a visual novel with a touch of quick-time-events, not really an RPG.

I'll be on the lookout for more!

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support: RPG Edition - cappazushi - 07-19-2012 11:14 AM

I'm glad you pointed that out, because when I originally researched games for this thread on YouTube, I couldn't find evidence that Skyward Sword had furigana support.

I'll add Time Travelers to the other thread.

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support - Omnislash - 12-13-2012 06:18 AM

Ougon no Taiyou: Shikkokunaru Yoake have furigana too, when pressing R or L.

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support - cappazushi - 12-13-2012 10:46 AM

Thank you for letting us know! The list has been updated. Creepy

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support - TheCreator - 01-05-2013 11:47 AM

Does anyone know if Miles Edgerworth 2 (AKA Perfect Prosecutor/Ace Attorney Investigations) has furigana? I REALLY want to play it but without furigana it would be suicide =(

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support - ccrawrlol - 01-05-2013 02:49 PM

No it doesn't have any :/ I know this for a fact because I am playing the first game. No furigana whatsoever. (Screenshot of the first game I found online)
[Image: ki_gyakuten08.jpg]

But...I found a website that has walkthroughs for ALL Phoenix Wright games! & I have the entire script (literally word for word) of the first game. Script was hard to find but the walkthroughs weren't.

I was building an Anki deck for the game but got distracted @_@ now that I have some time, I can get back to it again Smiling

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support - TheCreator - 01-06-2013 01:56 AM

I really need to get an android or iphone, curse their expensiveness >-<

RE: Japanese Games with FURIGANA Support - TheCreator - 01-08-2013 04:54 AM

I, supposedly, am a JLPT level 4. Would you recomend playing the second game with the script so that i could look at the kanji pronunciations, or would you say it's a little too difficult for someone my level?

Please note that even though i love the game, i don't want to play it if i won't enjoy the whole experience. Looking for words is okay but, i think it might be a little too much for my current level.